Fact: If there were a button I could press to make Sir Patrick Stewart a regular fake news correspondent I would never stop pressing it
Dan: There was this one time where, in this room actually, Michael Gambon and Alan Rickman and - I think Alfonso was kind of coordinating it - took the opportunity to play a practical joke on me
Alfonso: It was very good because it was a bunch of sleeping bags and Dan asked us to have his sleeping bag next to this particular girl that he fancied -
Every conversation with my mother EVER.
Glen Keane’s 7 Animation Essentials
1. Make a Positive Statement
- Do not be ambiguous in your approach.
- Thumbnail until you have that clear approach and conviction.
- Be bold and decisive.
2. Animate From the Heart
- Feel your drawings.
- Let your action be an extension of how you believe the character feels.
- Put yourself in the place of the character your animating- associate.
3. Make Expressions and Attitudes Real and Living
- Focus on the eyes and eyebrows, mouth and cheeks.
- Always lead with the eyes.
- Be sure the eyes are solid and placed securely in the head.
- Study your own attitudes. Ask yourself, “Does this drawing feel the way my face feels?”
4. Draw As If You Were Sculpting
- Describe the forms in dimension.
- Understand the character design in 3D.
5. Animate the Forces
- Allow the momentum of and already animated movement to suggest the next drawing.
- Draw the leading edge of forces.
6. Visualize and Feel Dialogue
- Be sure you are truly capturing the inflection, volume and tone of the dialog with proper mouth shapes.
- What is the essence of your scene, your action, your expression — what is indispensable in communicating your thought?
This board was drawn by Pete Browngardt, creator of Uncle Grandpa! (Note the extremely sarcastic use of the word “hilarious” in scene 133.)
it ok to not be ready
Please spread this shit like wildfire. People go on and sit through the whole experience and they’re uncomfortable because they just want to please their partner and they don’t tell them that they want to stop because they are not ready. It’s okay not to be ready.
This also doesn’t just apply to first times. It’s okay not to be ready to go any given day, even years into a relationship.
also as @gaywitchesforabortions added on another version of this post, notice that one partner read body language to gauge discomfort and stopped to check in based on that. consent can be revoked without words and actively checking for consent is super important.
Polite elephant crosses multiple farms on her voyage without damaging a single fence